In November, our CEO announced that the IDEA Group had developed a multi-tiered Inclusion & Diversity program to support our message of acceptance throughout Flagship and within our local communities.
To kick things off for the New Year, we are proud to share the pilot phase of that program and announce new partnerships that serve the communities around our corporate locations in Southlake, Texas and the San Jose, California:
- Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) – This HBCU and member of the Texas A&M University System and Thurgood Marshall College Fund is the fourth largest producer of Black engineers in the United States.
- We’re excited to announce a partnership with PVAMU’s Career Services program.
- Flagship will work with its students to help them build their engineering careers through internship and mentorship opportunities in our Janitorial and Facility Services units.
- City of San Jose – We want to be proactive job creators for at-risk youth of color in the city’s vulnerable neighborhoods. To accomplish this, Flagship has two new partners:
- SJ Works – This is a youth employment program for students from low-income and underserved communities. The program provides job opportunities to over 1,200 youth annually and we are honored to be able to support their goals.
- SJ Aspires – A performance-based scholarship program for high schoolers in underserved communities designed to encourage positive college and career choices. The scholarship is awarded based on successful completion of academic and extracurricular goals.
We look forward to growing these partnerships and hearing the wonderful stories of opportunity and success that will result.
As we look ahead to the new year, please remember that even the simplest act of kindness can make a world of difference to those around you.