With the month of June being dedicated to spreading pride, there are a number of ways to get involved. Whether it be a small, but meaningful gesture. or putting yourself out there in one of the grand events, acknowledging and appreciating what pride stands for is something everyone can do!
- Attend an event: Communities across the U.S. are holding pride-related events such as parades, panels, concerts, runs, and festivals.
- Become a better ally: Understand the history and dig into the resources that are available. It is important to be open-minded and supportive of the LGBTQ+ community, not just this month but always.
- Volunteer for LGBTQ+ organizations: Get involved with pride-centered nonprofits. Many of these organizations have specific areas that they focus on, find one that aligns with your passions.
- Have meaningful conversations: Reaching out to lend an ear to a loved one can create a space of openness and an expression of thoughts. Whether it be meeting an old friend for lunch or a family gathering, there is always room to have a conversation filled with understanding.
- Follow LGBTQ+ activists: Social media is the quickest way to keep yourself up to date on the community. Following or monitoring activists can provide you with inspiration, ideas and important information about the LGBTQ+ community.
- Support LGBTQ+ businesses: Whether it be artwork, a meal at a restaurant, a book or any number of things for purchase, going out of your way to support these businesses is a great way to get involved and support the community.
- Donate to a cause: Flagship is raising funds for The Trevor Project. All proceeds from our “We Work Better Together” apparel sales will be donated to support the organization in its mission to provide safety and resources to those in need.
Celebrating pride is something millions of people look forward to being a part of every year, and it is important that we all do our part to stay involved and spread awareness.
Happy Pride Month!