In September of this year, we were proud to rollout our first employee resource group, the Women’s Group (WERG), which is being piloted within our Culinary Services division.
This group is the first of more employee resource groups to come and we plan to roll them out across the entire organization to provide all employees with safe spaces to listen, learn and network.
The mission of the Women’s Group is to promote community and inclusion and to maintain a workplace where everyone feels empowered, supported and respected – no matter your gender identity. The group meets monthly and explores topics ranging from health and wellness, communication in the workplace, job advancement, mentorship and more.
We recognize that creating this group from scratch was no easy feat, and we wanted to express our thanks and admiration for the women who came together to make it happen.
Flagship is looking forward to supporting Employee Resource Groups of all types, and we appreciate the Women’s Group leaders for paving the way and setting the precedent for how these groups will benefit our employees:
- Reihaneh Khosravi – Senior Pastry Chef, Menlo Park
- Breana Meagher – HRBP, Menlo Park & San Francisco
- Jenny Raven – Senior Pastry Chef, San Francisco
- Janice Febres Rios – Senior Pastry Chef, Seattle
- Isabella Tioseco – Bread Sous Chef, Menlo Park
- Karen Praxedes – Senior Pastry Chef, Menlo Park
- Raquel Guerrero – Senior Sous Chef, Seattle
- Stephenie Medina – Communications Manager
Leave a Comment