This year’s Black History Month theme is Black Health and Wellness. There are many online resources available to support this theme - here are some of the best:
- Guided Resources (GuidanceResources.com): Flagship’s Employee Assistance Program offers emotional support, referrals and resources, healthcare navigation assistance, and more. The EAP is available to every Flagship employee.
- OMNoire (OMNoire.com): Social wellness site for Black Women and other women of color that offers a free, online Community called “Breathe, Tribe”.
- BLKHLTH (blkhlth.com): A safe online space for hard conversations about racism, health, and new ways forward. BLKHLTH’s podcast series is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the Black community.
- African American Wellness Project (AAWellnessProject.org):
This comprehensive site is focused on improving health outcomes and promoting wellness in the Black community. Includes a symptom checker that is easy and intuitive.
- The Nap Ministry (@thenapministry): This group communicates primarily on Instagram where they discuss the power of restorative rest in a community where sleep deprivation is a pervasive issue.